- Current Affairs
- Online Test
- General Knowledge
Latest Government Jobs Notifications 2020
Government Jobs 2020 Vacancy Notification
How to Get Timely Promotion & Assured Career Growth in Government Jobs!
I have experienced that government jobs in 2020 not only provide job security and a good salary but also excellent career growth. A government job also provides social respect and status to you. Normally, you join any government organization at the entry-level which assures a good kick-start of your career.
Government organizations have a different hierarchy of portfolios based on seniority and performance. As you go up in the career ladder in the government organizations, your salary and other perks also increase. You also enjoy more responsibilities and power.
1. Promotion Policy
A Promotion Policy exists to provide adequate career progression to the employees. The Fifth CPC was of the opinion that the Government should formulate a promotion scheme that caters to the promotion aspirations of Central Government employees in general. They recommended the Assured Career Progression Scheme (ACPS) for the general employees in the Government.
The Fifth CPC had also recommended the use of a cadre review mechanism to bring uniformity in the career prospects of Group A central services. Department of Personnel & Training (DOPT) was also advised to issue detailed guidelines for cadre reviews of posts belonging to Groups B, C & D so as to ensure timely review thereof. The scheme of ACP recommended by the Fifth CPC envisaged three time-bound promotions for Group A posts after 4, 8 & 13 years of service
Free Online Test 2020 GK
2. Additional Benefits linked to your promotion
- 1. It will ensure the widest range of suitable candidates for filling any of the SAG or HAG (other than those relating to core governance) level posts in the Centre.
- 2. It will ensure that domain expertise is the major criterion for selection to a post.
- 3. It will facilitate the infusion of younger persons that have excelled in their field and break the nexus between seniority and selection to such posts with a high emphasis on performance.
- 4. It will ensure a level playing field for members of different services/AIS cadres and will afford an equal opportunity to the high performers irrespective of the service to which they happen to belong.
- 5. The scheme will be transparent, equities and assure the applicants
- . Increase in the basic salary.
- . One additional increment in the basic salary.
- . Eligible for vehicle loans, housing loans, and other loans at very less rate of interest.
- . Increase in conveyance i.e. increase in monthly petrol and diesel allowance or chauffeur driven car.
- . Increase in other perks like dearness allowance, house rent allowance, yearly bonus, and many other allowances.
- . Increase in medical benefits.
- . Eligible to travel by flights and stay in luxury hotels (For example, 3 stars and above).
- . Eligible for membership in some of the prestigious clubs.
- . Higher reimbursements for telephone, mobile, and data card bills.
Advantages of Government Jobs
3. Power and responsibilities linked to your promotionAs you are promoted, you will be entrusted with higher power and responsibility.
1. When you join any government agency at the entry-level, you normally do all the work yourself i.e. you are supposed to carry out all the roles and responsibilities of the job yourself. You may not have an assistant for the delegation of your work.
2. After you are promoted to a higher grade, you may be heading some department and the number of staff will be working under you. Your job shifts from doing yourself to getting work from the staff reporting to you. Your job gets managerial. You delegate the work to your staff and ensure that you get the best results from them. You are responsible for the department's performance.
3. Your next promotion will behead the city or region wherein you will be controlling a particular business or the departments in that particular city or region. All the departmental heads will be reporting to you. You have to get work done from all the departmental heads. Your job will be strategic, and you're responsible for the company or department's success in that specific city or area.
4. You will next be promoted to all India or state head for a particular business or section of the government organization wherein you will be responsible for all India or state performance of that specific project or segment.
5. Eventually, you will be elevated to the role of Chief Executive Officer ( CEO) or Managing Director (MD) of government organizations where you will be head of all India or State that government organization. You will be responsible for the Government's overall performance.
Hence, you can see how your roles, responsibilities, and power are increasing as you are growing up in the career ladder in government jobs. After handling such challenging roles you will get immense pleasure and satisfaction.
Your morale will always be high as your career growth and promotions are taken care of in government jobs. Along with the higher roles, responsibilities, and power, you get higher financial rewards in terms of an increase in salary and perks as well.
Therefore, I advise which you pick government jobs for better career growth and challenging work. Keep searching good dailies or Get freeonlinetest9 for the latest information on government jobs. Wishing you a fantastic career in government jobs